Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wrestling with God

Gen 32:24-31  Jacob was left alone, and a man came and wrestled with him. The man fought with him until the sun came up.  (25)  When the man saw that he could not defeat Jacob, he touched Jacob's leg and put it out of joint.  (26)  Then the man said to Jacob, "Let me go. The sun is coming up." But Jacob said, "I will not let you go. You must bless me."  (27)  And the man said to him, "What is your name?" And Jacob said, "My name is Jacob."  (28)  Then the man said, "Your name will not be Jacob. Your name will now be Israel. I give you this name because you have fought with God and with men, and you have won."  (29)  Then Jacob asked him, "Please tell me your name." But the man said, "Why do you ask my name?" Then the man blessed Jacob at that place.  (30)  So Jacob named that place Peniel. He said, "At this place, I saw God face to face, but my life was spared."  (31)  Then the sun came up as Jacob left Peniel. He was limping because of his leg.

There comes a time in all of our lives when we face making a choice of following God's will or doing what we want to do. When we stop wrestling with God and Do as he wants us to do God will bless us. sometime we may struggle and those struggles will leave an everlasting mark on our life just as was with Jacob's leg.  Sometimes I find myself thinking that my way would be easier than God's way.  But I always discover that God had a purpose for making me do things his way. The hardships I endure Allow me to testify in a way that will touch someone that I may not have touched if I had not done things God's way. We have to stop wrestling with God to receive the blessing god has for us. We can never let go of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog