Thursday, August 23, 2012

Long suffering


Today I read the book of Job today. I read about the  suffering he went through. It started with him losing his wealth, then his crops and his herds of animals that he owned.  I thought how would I feel if I lost everything I owned. how would that make me feel. would I have the faith in God to not turn away from him? What would do? Then Job lost his children. A wind came along and blew down the house they all were in and killed them all. Still Job did not turn away from God he stayed true to God.  sit and think of the pain he felt losing all his children. What would you do? Would you blame Gad? Well the story continues next Job got sick. He became an outcast people thought "What has Job done to anger god?" His friends came to him and said " You have to repent for the evil you have done and pray for got to forgive you" Still Job remained faithful to God he told them that he wished he had never been born and that he has done nothing to bring God's anger upon myself.
What would you do? Could you remain faithful to go through if you lost everything and your friend turned against you? I asked myself the same questions. Could I say "My life is not my own it belongs to God I am not wise enough to know God's plan. Even through the times of hardship I may face in life I will continue to be a servant of God and do his will" Well Job did and the Lord spoke to him and told him you have been faithful to me and I will bless you with more than you ever had. He told Job's friends that they must pay a tribute to job for the wrongs they said against him. Although sometimes we feel the whole world is against us we must remember that God is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog