Friday, August 17, 2012

08/16/2012 Broadcast Notes


you can watch the video at the link above

Good evening and welcome. Tonight I will talk about accepting Jesus but first let us open in prayer.

     Lord Jesus please give us the wisdom and understanding to receive the message you have for us so we may grow in the knowledge and share that knowledge with others
- Amen


There is a path to everlasting life set before us. The first step to following that path is the hardest. You must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. I know some of you may say that's easy well its not. Well its not that easy for over come the ways you may have been taught or to over come the suffering and pain you may be in. Maybe its the negativity that others have directed at you. Sometimes other people may judge you based on the way you look, an addiction you may have, or the lifestyle you live. And you must be prepared for the things people you knew before you found Christ may say. Sometimes we judge ourselves and think we are unworthy of Gods grace. No were in the Bible does God exclude any from the gift of Jesus Christ.

Joh 3:16-17 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God said all the world not just those of us that fit into the mold of what some people believe would make a good christian. There are many obstacles and types of negativity that we must overcome. When I think about the struggles we must face as Christians the song that come to mind is by dc Talk  Jesus Freak


I saw a man with tat on his big fat belly 
It wiggled around like marmalade jelly 
It took me a while to catch what it said 
Cause I had to match the rhythm of his belly with my head 
'Jesus Saves' is what it raved in a typical tattoo green 
He stood on a box in the middle of the city 
And claimed he had a dream 

What will people think 
When they hear that I'm a Jesus freak 
What will people do when they find that it's true 
I don't really care if they label me a Jesus freak 
There ain't no disguising the truth 
[There ain't no disguising the truth] 
[I don't need to hide it... The truth] 

We must each find our own way to push past them and not let them take what is rightfully ours away from us and that is the love of Jesus Christ. We must pray; Jesus I accept that you have died for my sins and that you are my lord and savior, please forgive me of my sins and Prepare me for walking a path without sin as best I can. Amen

1Pe 3:13-15 ERV If you are always trying to do good, no one can really harm you. (14) But you may suffer for doing right. If that happens, you have God's blessing. "Don't be afraid of the people who make you suffer; don't be worried." (15) But keep the Lord Christ holy in your hearts. Always be ready to answer everyone who asks you to explain about the hope you have.

I faced allot of hardships in my life and have had to learn to not here what people said to me. I was once told by a woman that I was not christian enough for us to go out because of the things I did in my past. I told her it is my past experiences that make me a better christian. Because of the dark path I walked before coming to Christ I am able to look at people and say if Jesus will take me he will take anyone. I can testify that I walked that I thought I would never be able to do what I am doing now. I thought Jesus would never take me back because for so long I rejected him.
<Open to questions>

<Closing>
I would like to close with an old Irish blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His
hand. -Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog