Friday, August 24, 2012

Life of a Servant of God


I often wonder if church goiers understand the work a ministor does. Its not an easy path that God puts before you. In most cases you are a father and a husband also. Lets start with the basics first you have 3 or 4 sermons to preach a week for each of those you my spend 6-10 house studing, praying and writing to prepare for each of those sermons only for God to sometimes change the message he wants you to deliver the day before. Next there is the home bible studies, couples counciling, Hospital visitions and providing support for those with lost love one. This I think may be the hardest things to do the people you are visiting or that have passed away may have been a member of your flock, someone who was part of your family and it can be as hard on you as it is on there family. You have to be strong and control your emotions until you have time alone to greve. Sometime it may all become overwelming. You just want to say to God "If this isnt really what you want me doing Im ok with working at Mc Donalds"  God answer is always " Im not done with you yet, there will be pleanty of time for rest when you joing me in Haven" . To be a pastor or ministor you have to have an all powering will to do Gods work because there is no time when you are not working. You dont get to take a day off. You can go on vacation and expect to not do Gods work. You can't go somewhere and someone say "Are you Pastor Paul?" and you reply " not today I am off call me tomorrow when I am working"
But along with the job does come the pride and honor of being able to say "Yes I am God's faithfull servent I would be so greatly honored that you have asked my to tell you about him". Yet het to help people find there place in God's service. You get to witness Micrales that God preforms through you and other. You get to share the love of god with others. In Job 1:8 ERV  Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him. He is a good, faithful man. He respects God and refuses to do evil." There is no other feeiling than to know God is saying the same about you as he did Job. So to my brother, My cousin and all those who are doing the work of god. Thank you and may God forever hold you in his arms and bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog