Thursday, June 19, 2014

Have you given yourself to God or are you just walking the path of a Christian?

Sometimes we do everything we are told we need to do to be saved and be a good Christian.  However, we forget one important thing , and that’s to give ourselves to God. I’m not saying that being a good Christian is wrong. On the contrary, God wants us to be a good Christian and live in His grace through Faith, Hope and Love.  When I speak of giving yourself to God, I mean stop trying to make choices on your own.  Let God take control of your life and do as he wants to do. When you do this you experience true freedom. You realize that everything that happens is according to Gods Plan.  It opens up your heart and soul and allows you to enjoy life and be content with things the way they are. I have learned to give myself to God and have found happiness and peace unlike I have ever known. When things are good I thank God for what I have. When things go wrong I thank God for what I have, and understand that all things are for His glory and part of His plan for me. A saying I used to use jokingly is “everyone can be used as an example even if it is a bad one.” The bad things that happen to me make me stronger and I grow and learn from them, sometimes more than the good things.  Sometimes I will stray away from God because I get caught up in the everyday thing of life, but I can always count on Him to guide me back to the path He has for me. As long as I have God I will never be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog