Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Do we have free will?



Free will is something that has always been a confusing thing to me. I face the question if God knows everything you will do before you do it does that negate free will? The Bible says if proverbs 16:9. “In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.”  In John 3:16 it says “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  You can see the confusion. Here is one way to look at it, God is omnipresent so he is everywhere and every when at the same time. So he exists in the past present and future all at once. Therefor he sees all and knows all. So we have free will and what god knows does not effect this free will.  We make our own choices in life. The most important thing about free will is giving it up.  In order to grow in our relationship with God and to fulfill the plan God has for us we must surrender our will to God’s will.  In my life I have discovered that when I walk my own path it may be easy but it is never rewarding. I may find temporary happiness but it is just that temporary. When we surrender our free will to God we walk the road less traveled. It’s not always the easy way, others will challenge you and try to cause you to question your path.  If you stick to the path God has for you find a reward that   is unending and everlasting Happiness.  By surrendering my free will to God I am able to have a peace in my life no matter what is going on at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog