Monday, July 23, 2012

Taking the Road Less Traveled

Sometimes we find ourselves we look to do things as easy and quickly as possible but by doing so we may miss something important. Now days everything is marketed to be able to open a can or box ; instant information at our fingers from the internet. I'm not saying these things are bad just that we loose stuff.
Awhile back I was a manual pasta maker. I thought wow I can make homemade pasta now. I began by getting all the stuff together to make the dough. Next I put out all the ingredients on the table and started mixing them by hand. After that I read further on it said need the dough for 15-20 min sense I made a double portion I knew I couldn't need it all at once I got Melissa to help me . When we were finished it had taken about 2hours or more to make fresh pasta for dinner.  In the end I had learned to make pasta and gained an understanding of what it takes to make it.

As Christians we must understand God's word and be able to share it with others. We will not get this by skimming through the bible and only learning the verses the Pastor teaches on Sundays.

If I quote you Lev 27:4  The price for a woman who is 20 to 60 years old is 30 shekels. Does this mean I can sell women because it says so in the bible? No. If you read all of chapter Leviticus 27 you will understand that during the times before Jesus there was a price to be paid for redemption and this is the assigning  of a value for a person. It is much easier to depend on the words of others. We must take the road less traveled. We must learn the bible not just read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog