Friday, April 22, 2016

Statement of Faith




I believe there is one God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.   The Father is the creator of the heaven and the earth. The Son, Jesus Christ is everlasting and eternal, fully God and fully man. The Holy Spirit is sent by the Son and the Father to guide me and comfort me. The Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one.
I believe that Jesus Christ became incarnate by the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and was made human. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate; he suffered and was buried. The third day he rose again, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
I understand that Jesus left us with a new commandment which should be a guiding force in our lives; John 13:34 (NIV) “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” God is Love 1 John 4:8 (NIV) “Whoever does not love does not know God because God is love.”
I believe that we are commissioned by Jesus and led by the Holy Spirit to Go and teach all nations, we must baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: we are required to teach them to observe all things. (Matthew 28: 19-20 NIV)
I believe that just as miracles happened during the time of the New Testament, so they still do today.
I believe that the Bible is the Living Word of God. “All Scripture is God- breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV)



During the development of my creed, I did some real exploration of my life and my faith. This doctrine is based on clear biblical principle and also explains my faith in a way that is easily understood by anyone who should read it.  Not only does it cover what I believe it shows the biblical sources for how I came to these truths. This creed does not end with just a statement of faith it also tells what to do with this faith and how we should live out our faith. 

The acknowledgement of the triune nature of God is recognized along with the importance of all three persons of the Trinity. We should never give more value to any one person of the Trinity as together that are all one God with equal value and power in all three persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog