Sunday, November 25, 2012

Defended by God

This is the transcript from my last live broadcast

Psalms 109:1-4  Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;  (2)  For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.  (3)  They compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.  (4)  For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

In this verse David pleads with God to Hold not thy peace which means Be not silent or arise and defend my cause. David goes on to say I did good things to them, but they are doing bad things to me. I loved them, but they hated me. David felt like nothing he could say or do was good enough so David did the only thing he knew to do he went to God. He said to God stand in my defense. No matter what I say or do they accuse me of bad things. Sometimes we feel as if others are not believing us when we say we are Christians. We will all be in a position sometime in our life where are beliefs at challenged. What can we do when this happens? I know there are Atheists that can quote the bible better than I can. They often reach for verses in the bible to try to prove that the bible is wrong and they are right. I was recently faced with a message from a old friend it said “Religion is for a person who is afraid of hell, Spirituality is for the person who has gone through hell” I had to think hard about that statement. The answer that came to me from God is this.
I'm not afraid of going to hell. I have a deeper relationship with God than I ever have before in my life I want to share the love peace and understanding I have found with anyone who will listen. I think there is enough evil in the world that we could fight against it for a life time and very few people would even notice what we did. I wouldn't have to look far I could start with allot of people who call themselves Christians.
That's not a battle I think I could win. I'm just trying to get a few people to look at life and God the way I do so that they can experience the Love and peace I have found.

No matter what battles we face if we seek the defense of God in Proverbs 18:10 it says
"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe." God has a plan for all of us. That plan is part of the greater plan God has for all mankind When we surrender our free will to God, God will guide us along the path of that plan. He will be our strength and defense along the path.
When you are in a place where you feel you are suffering ask yourself “Are you following God's will or your own will?” If you are following God's will then God has a purpose for your suffering? It may not be that the reason you are going through is for you it may be for another.

Psalms 84:11  The LORD God is our protector and glorious king. He blesses us with kindness and honor. The LORD freely gives every good thing to those who do what is right.


I suffer from Constant pain in my lower back. Back in may I walked with a cane and was in so much pain that it sometimes had me in tears. I had problems just getting out of bed. When I finally got down on my knees at an alter. I asked God to help me. From that time on I have not used the cane. My pain is more of a nuisance, It does not stop me from doing anything as long as I take my Meds.  The pain I do suffer reminds me of where I came from and how the Lord carried me to where I am. Everyday the pain gives me compassion for the suffering of others. It reminds of how much more must have been the pain that Jesus suffered for all of us. Jesus took our defense through his death. In John 3:16-18 it says  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  (17)  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  (18)  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
So even at the end of our mortal Lives, Jesus provides us with defense from Death and Judgment by his sacrifice on the cross.

2 comments:

  1. Yes,my best friend has turned against me thinking that I had betrayed that person and did her wrong. Now I may suffer as a consequence of this person's anger and misjudgment. It will not change my feelings for this person and what I did to try to help as a friend. I will remain tolerant. My life is in God's hands (as you so often remind us).
    I am especially fond of this line in your blog, " The pain I do suffer reminds me of where I came from and how the Lord carried me to where I am." It is a helpful reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always in my prayers I know got has a plan for you and he will bring you to a place in life where you will have happiness again. So stay strong and keep your faith in God.

      Delete

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog