Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oh Lord Why Do You Punish Me So?

Many times I have heard people say " Oh Lord Why Do You Punish Me So?" This brings me to two thoughts. The first is is this a punishment from God or the results of our own actions. The second is why does a loving God punish us? So I am going to start with the first. Often when things aren't going right in our life we are quick to blame it on God. For instance a few weeks ago my A/C broke down we ended up without it for 4 nights before it was finally fixed. When you live in a place that during this time of year it is always about 90° with a 99% humidity. When you step out your door you begin to sweat. It would have been  realyl easy for me to blame God and to say God was punishing me. Instead of blaming God I thanked him for the wisdom we were able to gain from the experience. To begin the 2 boys learned about the suffering some people go through everyday because they have no A/C. We all learned patience while we waited for the problem to be solved. When I think of being punished by God I believe there will be a clear and concise punishment that is relevant to the act that you did to warrant God's punishment. You will also know why you are punished. Jesus says (Rev 3:19)  "I correct and punish the people I love. So show that nothing is more important to you than living right. Change your hearts and lives." When we receive punishment we should not reject it.

In the book of proverbs it says
Pro 3:11-13  "My son, don't reject the LORD'S discipline, and don't be angry when he corrects you.  (12)  The LORD corrects the one he loves, just as a father corrects a child he cares about.  (13)  Those who find wisdom are fortunate; they will be blessed when they gain understanding."

So if it is true punishment from God we should accept it and not be angry because when we do accept it we will gain wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog