Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Life is Not My Own




About a year and a half ago I made a choice that changed my life. I was at a point where I had had given up on life. Although I had repented of my sins. I was trying to go to church when I could and I wanted God in my life I could not find a way to break free of the things that kept pulling me away from God. I was ready to end my own life. That evening I spent all night talking with one of my best friends. I finally went to sleep and I woke up more than just physically but mentally. I knew at that point I needed help. My first thought was to see a Dr. and they gave me some drugs to help me. All the drugs did is keep me from getting really depressed they didn't make me happy and they didn't solve my problem. It was then that I knew what I had to do. I had to give my life to God. By this I do not mean that I suddenly dropped everything and became a pastor. What I did is I gave up control of my life to God. I stopped trying to make everything go the way I thought it should. I began to pray, Admitting to god and myself that I have had control for too long and all I'm doing is making a mess of things. I said “God I cannot do this anymore, I do not want to do this anymore, my problems are too big for me, I've made a mess of things and I don't want to be this way anymore, I surrender myself to you wholly and completely. My life is no longer my own but it is yours to do with as you please.” I would love to be able to tell you there was a bright light and God spoke back to me but there wasn't. What there was, was a feeling of the weight of the world that rested on my shoulders begin to get a little lighter. As I began to learn to listen to and obey God my Life began to improve. He brought together with Melissa and through her I found Joy, Love and Faith. Through my Back injury I have found understanding and peace. Being saved Does not make you a good christian. For the term Christian means “Christ like” you must give yourself to god and live a life of Love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog