Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Did I help enough?


This question is one we all ask of ourselves sometimes. Today I was Going to the store with my better half, Melissa. As we turned into the parking lot of Walmart there was a woman with two boys standing at the curb of the parking lot holding up a sign that said “help I have 2 kids need money for food and rent”. I had Melissa turn the car around so that I could give her some money from what little we had. After I gave her the money I asked myself should I have given her more? We did our shopping and left. On our way our we passed the same woman. She waved at us and Said “ Thank you and God bless you” and her two boys were eating food from McDonald's. Its nice when you can see the impact that your kindness has had on someone's life. Sometimes we get to help people and see the direct effect of our help, other times we don't. With the recent devastation caused by #Hurricane Sandy the only help some of us may be able to provide is our prayers and that is enough. But if you can help more I would contact your church and see what they are doing and if they don't have a plan help get one started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comment. It will be reviewed by one of our authors and approved if contents are acceptable for this blog